Wednesday 25 June 2014

BEE ORCHIDS 2014

Now there did not seem to be many of these about, but I have to go back and double check a few things!

Last year the surrounding plants were a great deal lower than they are this year and I cannot emphasize this enough! So I do not know if I just cannot see the others, which might be why I have not found them previously, or much more likely that the excessive and constant Winter, Spring and early Summer rain has allowed the normal plants to block out the light from the Orchids?

There was one Bee Orchid, shown in one of the videos, which was much taller than the others and all of them were much taller than the ones I saw last year.

Bee Orchids Patch One


A nice example of a Bee Orchid in Patch One

Bee Orchids Patch Two

No comments:

Post a Comment