Tuesday 10 June 2014

PYRAMIDAL ORCHIDS JUNE 2014

First venture out, proper that is, this year and just in time to!

Now this is site number one using my definitions and the Pyrmidal Orchids were out in force, where when I was there last 6 weeks back and very ill there was no sign of them at all!

I do a pan shot video and get a few photos and videos of exceptionally coloured specimens.

Now I do not know how I did it but I walked directly the to the remarkably indistnguishable spot where either last year or maybe the year before I spotted three other Orchis species to the two I had read were on the site?! However it was a bit different because there were two and they were farther apart than I remember. Despite the flowers dried up and finished when I spotted them the first time I did think that of the three Orchids there were two types?! This time there were just two and they were both Common Spotted Orchids I will post up next.

Yes the Bee Orchids were also out but not like they were last year and in all honesty the grass and weeds have grown exceptionally high which may have hindered their growth due to bloking light. Even my garden and the edges of the local playing fields the grasses and weeds are three feet high and I have never seen them this high before, not even later in the year!

One part of the River Lea towpath even felt like I was being swamped in a section thats normally very open!




No comments:

Post a Comment