Thursday 20 June 2019

RARE DAY & SOME RARE DISCOVERIES

Well due to a difficult atmosphere and despite pain and the weather going from Sunny to shite yet again I ended up out .. where I knew some rare things were around ..

Person with me bottled out when I saw a marshy land with a much lighter patch of green and I had a gut feeling that one of the things I was looking for was in the patch in in flower ..

Extremely rare plant only found in two tiny locations in England is the Creeping Marshwort, Apium repens .. and sure enough I found it!!

The one with me was blown away later when he realised I had found it .. not lost my touch it would seem ..

Also see a Jewel Beetle, Agrilus laticornis, said to be on the ed Data List along with a Common Blue Butterfly, Polyommatus icarus, and a male Reed Bunting, Emberiza schoeniclus.

































No comments:

Post a Comment