Saturday 22 June 2019

SECOND DAY & MORE RARE DISCOVERIES

Well this was unexpected.

Ended up going somewhere that was not quite so far as the day when I photographed and filmed the UK's rarest plant the Creeping Marshwort, Apium repens a rare Jewel Beetle, Agrilus genus, and a singing male Reed Bunting as featured in my last post.

This place should not have produced anything of note .. or so I thought.

Taking someone there who was an insect freak ..

Five Spot Burnets, Golden Rod Crab Spiders, Spined Mason Bees, a Mining Bee, a Skipper Butterfly and at one point I was filming something that was pointed out to me. The insect freak walked away and I called him back as I spotted something out of the ordinary.

He was disinterested probably thinkig I had seen something common .. and I just pointed. I did not know what it was but I am very good at spotting things that are out of the ordinary.

He looked and then leapt like a lizard as it was a rare Bush Cricket called the Long Winged Conehead and he had been going to another location for a fair old while hoping to see them.

Common Blue Butterfly

Golden Rod Crab Spider (male) - Misumena vatia

Golden Rod Crab Spider (female)

Beetle of some kind

Spined Mason Bee - Osmia spinulosa



Long Winged Conehead - Conocephalus discolor



Five Spot Burnet - Zygaena trifolii


Small Skipper Butterfly

Mystery Bee I now realise I misnamed on YouTube

Mining Bee


Five Spot Burnet


Ruby Tailed Wasp

Long Winged Conehead

Golden Rod Crab Spider

Common Blue Buttefly

No comments:

Post a Comment