Saturday 6 April 2013

SPRING HAS ARRIVED?!

It felt like it today?!

After a few weeks of crazy illnesses, shipped of to Accident & Emergency to no avail and treated like crap I managed to do my local route today and this time with my Olympus Super Zoom Camera as well as my Barr and Stroud 8x42 binoculars.

There were a couple of things I had been going to spot and photograph, possibly film, for awhile and on was more Nuthatches as well as a tiny bird I spotted in 2012. This bird was tiny and I failed to see any colours on the head and looked more buff in colour. Was about the size of a Goldcrest & Firecrest...I had thought I had ruled both if these species out.

Today I managed to spot them flitting about and I managed to get one in my binoculars with is better at SEEING on site than the monitor on the Olympus. So it seems there IS something to be said for having a viewfinder after all because with the gadgets I could still not see what they were, just hope the pictures show what they are, but thought the binoculars I saw exactly what they were...

GOLDCRESTS!

LMAO.

Hopefully when I upload the pictures I took you will be able to identify them. Our me just saying trust me that is a Goldcrest! Lol. Hopefully I might have Nuthatches too.

Funny really as last yearmy brother took new miles away to see Goldcrests that would come a grey deal closer to you than the ones near me. In fact I've walked this route for several years and only noticed last year that there was indeed a smaller bird that even a Long Tailed Tit about that was NOT a Wren.

Just goes tI show what can be right under you're nose but I now plan to get alot more pictures of the Goldcrests and now and next time I Erik do the route in reverse so I've not walked bloody long way and in pain when I reach where they live. I will also choose a good day take some nibbles and camp up nearby and have a few choice spots to hold up right on top of them and with my new green outfits and cap I'm all set!

There were also Blue Tits and Great Tits around and I heard a Woodpecker. Also spotted done Jays but took fast away and legged it when I was spotted.

Good times...hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment