Sunday 21 July 2013

MALE BROAD BODIED CHASER - LIBELLULA COMPRESSA

Have to admit to these being quite stunning.

The trouble with me and Dragonflies is that there larvae are the mortal enemy of amphibian larvae and small fish, lol.

I have a video of these and was disappointed with these shots to be frank, yes Harry?! Disappointed with the videos too and not quite sure what went wrong! WOuld not mind but I took over a dozen and these were the best ones!

So I am going to return, as this is a new spot anyway, and do some more with these guys and there was an even bigger Dragonfly there and a female as I videoed her laying eggs on algae and put her up on my YouTube account.

I also have pictures on here and a short video of a female of one of these and if your unfamiliar with this Dragonfly let me tell you that the females are colourful too, being gold on colour. There broad bodies make them stand out even more so than other Dragonflies.




No comments:

Post a Comment