Sunday 21 July 2013

YELLOW SHELL MOTH - CAMPTOGRAMMA BILINEATA

Well don't ask me why it had the word 'shell' in its name but this is a Yellow Shell Moth, Camtogramma bilineata.

This was very impressive, twice width of a pound coin and very sherbet yellow with fine lines.

These pictures are only ones I did using the phone to send one to my brother, as a laugh as we sat outside with lights last night and saw very little. Also bit of a wind up because this picture was taken on the wall of a friends per shop who showed it to me as soon as I arrived.

I also did get a series of shots using the Olympus but I then moved the moth into a nearby and dense bush walked away then realised I did not get a video of it, lol. Spent thirty minutes trying to locate it again but it was in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment