Tuesday 9 July 2013

ORANGE UNDERWING MOTH

OK this is a prime example with the pitfalls of the internet, something I cannot get through to one member of my family!

I know this Moth is an Underwing and it looks Orange but I only remember Yellow and Red. I found this moth listed as Lesser Yellow Underwing, Yellow Underwing and Orange Underwing.

Now I know that somoetimes idiots name things by colour and do not get it right.

This Moth is Orange. If it look Orange in the pictures that is because it is, lol. One picture I found of this moth was also on an American website so.... I dunno maybe it very widespread, lol.

Also rather annoyingly is quite a few websites do not list the Latin either and in fact the only one I could find that closest resembled this moth is Noctua comes wich is the Lesser Yellow UNderwing which I do not think this is.

Another site to do with UK Butterfly Conservation looked pretty impressive until I was unable to find a single Underwing Moth with the same Upper Wing markings as this one?!

Nothing came close and I checked them all and I found myself scratching my head wondering why this Butterfly Conservation organisation have pictures of Moths totally different to this one as did a site about Moths in Norfolk?!

So out of all the UK web-pages I do not find a single moth that exactly resembles this one except for that of an American site?! They called it an Orange Underwing but had no Latin name!

Ooooh man!!

RYAN?!?! Lol.






No comments:

Post a Comment