Friday 2 August 2013

BANDED DEMOISELLE CONUNDRUM - CALOPTERYX SPLENDENS (FEMALE)

No it is NOT a Southern Emerald Damselfly as I previously stated elsewhere and on YouTube, lol.

But then Lea Valley Park Authority are up to their usual tricks as they claim that at this site, a Dragonfly sanctuary, "over half the UK's Dragonflies can be found". My two brothers are heavily into this area and know far, FAR more than I do and they have both looked at me with utter surprise. IN fact one lives just two miles from this site?!

So when I saw a bright green Damselfly with white spots on the wings and no bands I get home, look up a website and identify it as a Southern Emerald! Lol!

I had the number 13 in my head but was not sure if that was the number of UK species or species to be found at the site. Turns out it was NEITHER as I now know that there are indeed no less than 54 species of Dragonfly in the UK?!

Now at over HALF the species this would mean around 30, give or take?! Well after 48 hours I can assure you that despite the sanctuary being nice you can knock the ZERO off the end of the THIRTY as due to this miss-identification WHAT i THOUGHT WAS four species has now turned out to be just THREE!

Also these guys are highly predatory and the sanctuary is not very big and I do not think can house 30 species of predators which likely means that if there were ever thirty species they were introduced and have since predated on each other and I watched, and likely filmed them, as the Demoiselles tried to catch the much smaller Blue Tailed Damselflies?! I got a video of a female Banded Demoiselle Eating just after catching something and the wing sticking out looked VERY Damselfly?! LMAO!

Now over odd things going on in the park at other locations I have covered, Primoroses and Orchids, use keyword 'conundrum' to find these posts to read more on what I elieve is a huge nature scam done VERY BADLY and even the locals have spotted it, this location comes under Epping Forest Council so they probably feed them cash for this site?!

Cornmill Stream











No comments:

Post a Comment