Thursday 1 August 2013

VIDEO of FEMALE BANDED DEMOISELLE EATING - CALOPTERYX SPLENDENS

Cornmill Stream

Yes I am now and today a day later well aware that I have gotten these guys wrong yesterday!!

They are NOT SOUTHERN EMERALD DAMSELFLIES and it does not help when Lea Valley Park have lied yet again like everything else they do and suggest there are THIRTY SPECIES in a few little streams?!

I have spent to days there and thus far you can knock the zero of the figure of thirty. Well THEY STATE that there are OVER HALF the UK Species found there. Now my two brothers are insect NUTS. We are all into animals and have attended the AES Exhibit and Kempton Park many times over the years as did my late father who was firiends with David Lonsdale.

Now when I told my brothers, one of which lives minutes from this site, that over half the UK species are found there they looked at me as if I was completely bonkers. Early days yet but I think I am beginning to see why.

Also the bodies of water are not that big and I think what is likely and YET AGAIN a load were introduced there (By idiots I guarantee it) and they ended up predating on each other?!

Auriculas have been introduced among the Wild Primroses and two types along with frilly Primulas so they have a cross breeding program going on too, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment