Wednesday 7 August 2013

VIDEO of a GOLDEN Y-MARKED MOTH

POSSIBLY?! LMAO!

Chased this over vast network sand dunes on Norfolk coast only to realise it was a Y-Marked Moth and I had already filmed and photographed this species a great deal nearer to home! I then did not chase any more but saw several hundred more.

Only I thought this one looked more golden in colour and surprised I did not recognise it and then later reallised there bloody well IS a GOLDEN Y-MARKED MOTH!! Plus a few others besides and totally confused. Local ones are more defined, seemed a little bigger and more grey and less golden so must be variation in colour on Silver-Y Moths?! The marking looks like Autographa gamma but colouring seemed different.

In the genus there is also the Plain and the Beautiful Y Marked Moth. Hmm I wonder if there is a Butt Ugly and a Nightmare Causing Y-Marked Moth too?! I mean come on, lol.

LMAO!


No comments:

Post a Comment