Sunday 30 June 2013

BEE ORCHIDS AT THE GROVE

Now first off these Bee Orchids are the ones from the site that I have known about for about 4 years or more but bloody typical the first time I see Bee Orchids in FULL flower ends up being at another site reported to have them.

When I say bloody typical it is because the other site I have visited for about 6 years and is a damn site closer to my home than THIS site and yet I have never seen Bee Orchids there EVER! I had seen Pyramidal Orchids on two separate years of visiting but nothing for the last TWO YEARS!

So I had given up on Bee Orchids being there or they were just in a small area I just could not find, needle in a haystack WOULD BE EASIER!!

Yup, TYPICAL!

Now onto my next snippet of information... you want to keep watching my posts as with very achy and sore leg muscles I did venture back to the Pyramidal Orchid site that now has Spotted and Bee Orchids because it was close and the sun coming out was really bugging me that it would be perfect for more photos and some filming. So out I went!

Now I got a great deal of photos and videos and the videos are uploading to my YouTube account as I type!

I then got a call from my brother and he suggested he pick me up and go to another site as he wanted to see them in flower. YUP, you guessed it I ventured out for a second time to a different area, lol.

Only while we was out I came across something! As my brother is also into nature while out I too him to another site he had never visited, though I wonder if he now realizes he has walked within 50 to 100 meters of it fairly often?!

He was duly impressed with it and mentioned it a couple of times and became quite interested in the details of these Orchids and I answered a tricky question when he asked how you tell them apart as he himself noticed there were many different shades. I was filming while I was answering this question and that one is on my YouTube account with alot of really nice ones on Bee Orchids!

Bare in mind that the light was diminishing and the photos are clear but not as good as normal due to the time of the day!

HOWEVER....while at this site and looking at the various shades I stumbled across something I have not come across before. I did not get a video but I did get some photos and they are clear enough to see alright.

Now to me this was a bit special but in reality I am not sure how special as I am sure there must be others. This should be up within 48 hours so if you are into these British Orchids and like things a bit different I would look out for this post. Oooh and I am sure you will know which one among the dozen or so I am yet to post up, lol. The title should speak for itself.







No comments:

Post a Comment