Saturday 8 June 2013

THE EARLY ORCHIDS - DACYLORHIZA INCARNATA & ORCHIS MASCULA

Right now let us see, I thought I spotted something that could have been an Early PURPLE Orchid, Orchis mascula, as well as the Early MARSH Orchids, Dactylorhiza incarnata, both of which in an Orchid site I have NOT seen them in previously.

Hmm I now cannot see from the pictures here but there were reddish purple orchids that did not have the darker wiggly markings present on the lips of the two Marsh Orchids. I then wondered if these were Early Purple and I had not seen and therefore acquired shots of these thus far!

There are a fair few more to come too on another post very soon.

I will also be acquiring a great many more shots very soon too so keep a look out as the following seven days are going to be fairly productive.

There may be some Southern Marsh Orchids amongst these too.

I will also have to check as this was not anywhere near ALL the photos in this sequence so need to come back and check that the ones I though MAY BE Early Purple Orchids are indeed been posted up?!

LOL.

















No comments:

Post a Comment