Wednesday 5 June 2013

ORCHID MEADOW SURPRISE CONUNDRUM

This is the fifth.....thinking... and last of the Orchid sites I located in the Lea Valley. There is supposed to be a seventh but I have been all around it and there definitely is nothing there, despite some curious work being performed.

This is the third year I have visited this site and rather surprisingly for the first time in three years I spot a far off large patch of purple?!

Madness!

Anyway it is good to finally see something despite my suspicions but what I had hoped to see here and have not to date is the Common Twayblade Orchid!

Those in the fist picture are Southern Marsh Orchids, Dactylorhiza praetermissa, at a educated guess but as they were over 100 yards from me I had to judge by the shade of purple and their size. At the other site the Early Marsh Orchids are smaller and have more red in the flowers.

I hope to see the Common Twayblade this year but I doubt it and I never venture up here without visiting all the sites, except the Not English Primrose Just Panted So We Can Get 100 Million from Public To Badly Manage the Entire Park, Kill Masses of rare Caterpillars and Put Pressure on the Crested Newt Colonies and Leave Rubbish Lying Around While e Do Something Visual For Our Money and Cut Down Far Too Many Trees Hindering the Birds Nesting While Just Bringing Something To The Parks Orchids Sites To Help Them Like Ash We Will Just Continue To DO Things That Are Highly Visual SO It Looks Like We Know What We Are Doing But Really Just Fecking It Up SITES.

LMAO no I do not go to those now, lol.

This first one is on a 40x ZOOM, yes that IS FORTY TIMES ZOOM, lol.

I use an Olympus Stylus SP-80UZ Camera. As the Nikon I bought turned out to be faulty and refurbished and Nikon seemed to know too, lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment